Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wedding Recap: Riding the Rails

After climbing on tractors I had no fear about getting my dress dirty so we decided to take a walk down the street to the railroad tracks.

On the way we stopped to take this picture in front of the Sacramento street sign (we live in Sacramento).
I love it. I love the shadows and the composition and the dumpers in the background. I'm easy to please.

The train tracks pictures are some of my favorite. I have to admit that I arranged myself is such a way that my yellow crinoline was showing. I didn't spend a week with yellow hands from dying it for nothing!

An all important shoe shot. Notice that one of my flowers fell off my shoe. We tried gluing it back on with super glue but it fell off again. Ce la vie. It's still a cool picture.

We took turns walking on the tracks and helping each other. We work well together.

If it looks like all we did all day was take pictures, up next in recaps, we actually arrive at the wedding, take some more pictures (this is how you end up with over 1200 pictures), and get married.

5 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

your yellow petticoat is too cute :)

Cat said...

How did you die your petty-coats? I was wanted to do something similar, but I am not the most knowledgable on that kind of thing! I think it looks great!

backyardwedding said...

Joanna- Thank you! I'm blushing a little that you looked at my blog. I'm a big Cup of Jo fan.

Cat- Dying it was actually really easy. I just bought a box of Rit dye and followed the directions on the box (it involves washing it in the washing machine). Easy! The only thing you want to be careful of, is making sure to untwist it at some point during the cycle (it will get twisted up). If you don't, you'll end up with a tie dye petticoat!

Carey Griffin said...

Hi!
My name is Carey and I am getting married in October. We are planning on having a very diy backyard bbq wedding, and I found your blog trying to find other house weddings. Turns out you even have the wedding shoes I want! So funny.
I love your wedding, and all the great thoughts you have to creating a fun day.
Thank you!

east side bride said...

and the yellow petticoat goes with the yellow trains :)