Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Buenos Aires

I was asked if, despite all that went wrong, I'd still recommend Argentina as a honeymoon destination. And the answer is yes. In fact, I'd love to go back. I read somewhere that Buenos Aires isn't like New York or Paris where the reasons to fall in love are obvious and being spoon fed to you. That was true for me. As I became more comfortable with the city, got my bearings and such, I really started to warm up to it.

In the nine days we were there were did some amazing things. And ate a whole lot of amazing food. For the first week we were there we rented a loft that I could not recommend more highly. It was in San Telmo, which we found to be full of things to do and some amazing food--we loved Los Loros and Cafe San Juan in particular.

If you are in town on a Sunday, both the San Telmo Antique Fair and the Feria de Mataderos are worth checking out.


Day trips to Tigre (up the delta) and San Antonio de Areco were also fun, though it should be noted somewhere, before you make the two hour bus trip, that nothing in San Antonio is open on Tuesdays (not in the guidebooks or on their tourist website). It was still pretty to walk around though. And Tigre was one of our favorite parts of the whole trip.



The last two days we spent in BA at Home Hotel in Palermo. It was great. Great food, great dj on Friday nights, great garden/pool area (they were showing Totero on the wall behind the pool when the dj was playing!). We loved it and would highly recommend it as a place to stay or brunch.

Lots more pictures on flickr, for those of you interested.

1 comment:

DOM said...

Fantastic shots!! Can't wait to see more of your trip!!