Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I am so in love with my friends right now

One of the things that didn't make it into our wedding budget was a videographer. While I understand that wedding videos probably never get watched more than a few times, and it really isn't worth the expense (and they are expensive...whoo boy), after our AMAZING and totally unscripted ceremony, I was feeling very bummed out about not having captured it. A few people responded to my request to send me what they said, but several just spoke from the heart and didn't have it memorized or written down.

So, I was beyond thrilled when I was handed a dvd of about an hours worth of wedding footage today! Apparently one of my friend's husbands videotaped most of the ceremony and a few other snippets of the wedding with their digital camera. Because it was taken with a digital camera, it isn't the best quality video ever, but he did a great job putting it together, and the footage of our ceremony is so precious. Both my husband and I were practically in tears watching it again.

Bottom line...Our friends continue to amaze me with their awesomeness and how much they pulled together to help make our wedding happen.

And if you think you might regret not having video, find someone to take footage with their digital camera or their phone or whatever. This was one of my few wedding regrets and I am so, so happy to have this video.

No comments: