Wednesday, August 27, 2008

the dresses are multiplying

I'm a three dress bride. This buying dresses thing is a bad habit, and I'm aware of that. Good thing it's only three weeks until the wedding :)

I'm set for my actual wedding dress, but seeing how it's long, hot, and our wedding day seems like it's going to be in the 80s+, I wanted something shorter and cooler for dancing.

Excuse the mess..we just moved in and this is my wedding dumping ground. Also ignore my weird faces. And the multiple shoe and hat changes, unless you'd also like to comment on those!

Option 1 is a short j.crew dress I found at a thrift store. It isn't exactly the right size (it's a 4, I'm a 2p in their sizes), but it was cheap (really cheap) and I could hem up the shoulders a tiny bit to make it work. I bought it to wear to an event that required white attire, but didn't end up wearing it. It's kind of boring, but also fairly flattering (i think).




Option 2 is a Katie Jean dress I had custom made on etsy with the idea that I could wear it both at the reception and then take it with me on my honeymoon and that kind of thing. In theory I love the ruffles. I love that it's fun. The thing is that it feels too big on me and I have no idea how I'd take it in myself. I feel like the ruffles make me look very..round? More pictures of this one because i feel like the different angles make a difference in how much i like it...




Thoughts?

PS-I would like to add that my dress total still falls under the $600 range for all three dresses combined.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

dress 1 is more flattering, but dress 2 is more fun... hmm... and good job with the thrift store J. Crew!

Meg said...

Take them both to the tailor, should be under $50 to take them both in professionally. Then see where you are at. I'd go with #2 myself.

Anonymous said...

ruffles!!! fun, cute, looks great. anyone in your circle know someone who can sew? otherwise just go to a tailor - i imagine you just need it taken in at the waist & maybe straps - not much. it won't cost a lot especially since it's not a wedding dress, per se.

Liana Harlan said...

Wow, I LOVE the Katie Jean dress on you!! I don't think it makes you look round at all. The ruffles are so much fun, esp. with the cowboy boots.

Anonymous said...

ruffles and boots hands down, no ifs ands or bugs about it. that whole "flattering" issue is dumb when you have a nice figure like yours. go for fun, unique and different. You dont have anything to prove about weight or shape. (nobody does, really.) go for it!

jen said...

where did you get your shoes?

backyardwedding said...

jen- the cowboy boots are from zappos. The red shoes are from anthropologie.

wedding said...

I like the ruffles..It so simple,.I like the 5th and 6th picture,you look so cute there.